You want to have beautiful feet for the pool or beach this summer so if you see any fungus starting on your toenails you need to get it treated right away. While you can’t avoid contact with the microscopic organisms that cause toenail fungus, keeping your feet clean and dry and clipping the nails properly can help preventing toenail fungus, However if you do get a toenail fungus infection, these are some things to do to keep it from spreading according to Everyday Health:
- “Wash your feet and dry them before putting on your shoes.
- Clip toenails straight across so the nail doesn’t reach past the tip of the toe — this helps to protect the delicate tissue beneath the nail.
- Wear properly fitting shoes that allow your feet to breathe. If your feet become damp, change your socks to a dry pair as soon as possible.
- Spray your shoes with an antifungal.
- Wear shower shoes in public places, such as damp gym locker rooms and around pools.
- Thoroughly clean nail clippers and other pedicure tools between uses.”
At skinMEDx Medical Skin & Aesthetic Center we can help you get rid of the toenail fungus and it is important that you take care of it as soon as you see something happening. It gets worse over time and then it gets more difficult to treat. Eliminating toenail fungus depends on how careful to stick to the treatment plan. We can help you!